In this episode, I speak with Julie McInnes, former singer/musician with Circus OZ and Cirque du Soleil. We discuss making music, creativity, and more!
Interview with Julie McInnes (Singer/Musician)
In this episode, I speak with singer, musician and artist, Julie McInnes. Born in Australia, Julie has always been a musical artist. From Circus OZ to Cirque du Soleil, and now, as an independent artist, Julie has a lot of info and wisdom to share about the art and craft of bringing music to life.
Join Julie’s World for additional content! Go to https://www.patreon.com/juliesworld
- The experience of playing a cello (0:01:02)
- Cello demo (0:03:00)
- Julie’s early experiences with music in Australia (0:04:22)
- The support of family to pursue the arts (0:08:50)
- Being inspired by Canadian music (0:10:42)
- Julie’s transition from Circus OZ to Cirque du Soleil (0:15:20)
- Voice demo (0:21:17)
- How Julie uses her voice as an instrument. (0:22:55)
- The pressure of being like everyone else (0:26:57)
- Julie has always worked in collectives (0:31:53)
- Creativity blossoms under pressure (0:33:42)
- The joy of collaborations (0:35:04)
- Julie’s relationship with her wife who is also an artist (0:36:39)
- Working with various groups over time (0:40:45)
- Julie’s interests today, including visual art (0:44:53)
- Being a multidisciplinary artist (0:48:29)
- Living with imposter syndrome (0:52:50)
- Does Julie’s cello have a name? (1:00:07)
Julie McInnes on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/julamac
Visit Planet B612 on the web: http://planetb612.fm/
Follow Planet B612 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlanetB612fm
Support Planet B612 on Patreon: https://patreon.com/juliesworld
Episode 15 Marjan Eggermont DesignerIn this episode, I speak with Dr. Marjan Eggermont, an expert in bio-inspired design. We speak about biodesign and biomimicry, and we also discuss Marjan's artistic side! Interview with Marjan Eggermont (Designer) In this episode,...
Episode 8 Fleche Love (Singer)In this episode, I speak with singer/songwriter, Fleche Love about writing music, imposter syndrome, performing in various parts of the world, tiny homes, and plans for the future!Interview with Fleche Love (Singer/Songwriter) In this...