In this episode, I speak with Julie McInnes, former singer/musician with Circus OZ and Cirque du Soleil. We discuss making music, creativity, and more!
Interview with Julie McInnes (Singer/Musician)
In this episode, I speak with singer, musician and artist, Julie McInnes. Born in Australia, Julie has always been a musical artist. From Circus OZ to Cirque du Soleil, and now, as an independent artist, Julie has a lot of info and wisdom to share about the art and craft of bringing music to life.
Join Julie’s World for additional content! Go to https://www.patreon.com/juliesworld
- The experience of playing a cello (0:01:02)
- Cello demo (0:03:00)
- Julie’s early experiences with music in Australia (0:04:22)
- The support of family to pursue the arts (0:08:50)
- Being inspired by Canadian music (0:10:42)
- Julie’s transition from Circus OZ to Cirque du Soleil (0:15:20)
- Voice demo (0:21:17)
- How Julie uses her voice as an instrument. (0:22:55)
- The pressure of being like everyone else (0:26:57)
- Julie has always worked in collectives (0:31:53)
- Creativity blossoms under pressure (0:33:42)
- The joy of collaborations (0:35:04)
- Julie’s relationship with her wife who is also an artist (0:36:39)
- Working with various groups over time (0:40:45)
- Julie’s interests today, including visual art (0:44:53)
- Being a multidisciplinary artist (0:48:29)
- Living with imposter syndrome (0:52:50)
- Does Julie’s cello have a name? (1:00:07)
Julie McInnes on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/julamac
Visit Planet B612 on the web: https://planetb612.fm/
Follow Planet B612 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlanetB612fm
Support Planet B612 on Patreon: https://patreon.com/juliesworld
Episode 56 Art as a service Alix SiderisArtist Alix Sideris joins me to talk about art as a service, how she's pivoted during the pandemic, and how today's young artists are inspiring her. About This Episode In this episode, Alix Sideris joins me to talk about art as...
Episode 57 Service Design Tania LevyArtist, and public servant, Tania Levy joins me to talk about Service Design, user experience, and juggling art-making with a full-time job. About This Episode Tania is a public servant who’s also a working artist. In this episode,...