Van De Geer (Artist)
In this episode, I speak with performance artist, Jacqueline Van De Geer about how she makes a living as an artist, the importance of working class artists, and how obsession can lead to new ideas!
Interview with Jacqueline Van De Geer (Performance Artist)
In this episode, I interview a friend of mine, performance artist Jacqueline Van de Geer. Originally from the Netherlands, and now living in Montreal, Jacqueline is a multi-talented, multi-faceted artist. She is currently exploring the aging process in her work. We talk about interdisciplinary approaches in the arts, working class artists, and how obsession leads to new ideas.
- Connecting with each other on Facebook (0:00:50)
- Jacqueline’s current work (0:02:15)
- Artists can express themselves in various ways (0:04:04)
- The aging process as an artist (0:07:55)
- The working class family background as an artist (0:13:34)
- Dealing with financial insecurity (0:19:03)
- Choosing Montreal over NYC (0:26:46)
- Becoming accustomed to the unexpected (0:31:09)
- The love and hate of the term “outsider art” (0:36:04)
- Obsession and interests (0:39:40)
- Life as an artist during the pandemic (0:43:05)
- The act of breaking walls and barriers (0:50:52)
- How can the public learn more about her work? (0:53:18)
Visit Jacqueline Van De Geer’s website: http://www.jacquelinevandegeer.com/
Visit Planet B612 on the web: https://planetb612.fm/
Follow Planet B612 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlanetB612fm
Support Planet B612 on Patreon: https://patreon.com/juliesworld
Episode 16 Dr. Rose Hayden-SmithIn this episode, I speak with Dr. Rose Hayden-Smith, a historian specialized in the era of Victory Gardens in the US! READ TRANSCRIPT Interview with Dr. Rose Hayden-Smith (Victory Gardens) Dr Rose Hayden-Smith is the author of Sowing...
Episode 15 Marjan Eggermont DesignerIn this episode, I speak with Dr. Marjan Eggermont, an expert in bio-inspired design. We speak about biodesign and biomimicry, and we also discuss Marjan's artistic side! READ TRANSCRIPT Interview with Marjan Eggermont (Designer)...