Van De Geer (Artist)
In this episode, I speak with performance artist, Jacqueline Van De Geer about how she makes a living as an artist, the importance of working class artists, and how obsession can lead to new ideas!
Interview with Jacqueline Van De Geer (Performance Artist)
In this episode, I interview a friend of mine, performance artist Jacqueline Van de Geer. Originally from the Netherlands, and now living in Montreal, Jacqueline is a multi-talented, multi-faceted artist. She is currently exploring the aging process in her work. We talk about interdisciplinary approaches in the arts, working class artists, and how obsession leads to new ideas.
- Connecting with each other on Facebook (0:00:50)
- Jacqueline’s current work (0:02:15)
- Artists can express themselves in various ways (0:04:04)
- The aging process as an artist (0:07:55)
- The working class family background as an artist (0:13:34)
- Dealing with financial insecurity (0:19:03)
- Choosing Montreal over NYC (0:26:46)
- Becoming accustomed to the unexpected (0:31:09)
- The love and hate of the term “outsider art” (0:36:04)
- Obsession and interests (0:39:40)
- Life as an artist during the pandemic (0:43:05)
- The act of breaking walls and barriers (0:50:52)
- How can the public learn more about her work? (0:53:18)
Visit Jacqueline Van De Geer’s website: http://www.jacquelinevandegeer.com/
Visit Planet B612 on the web: https://planetb612.fm/
Follow Planet B612 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlanetB612fm
Support Planet B612 on Patreon: https://patreon.com/juliesworld
Episode 56 Art as a service Alix SiderisArtist Alix Sideris joins me to talk about art as a service, how she's pivoted during the pandemic, and how today's young artists are inspiring her. About This Episode In this episode, Alix Sideris joins me to talk about art as...
Episode 57 Service Design Tania LevyArtist, and public servant, Tania Levy joins me to talk about Service Design, user experience, and juggling art-making with a full-time job. About This Episode Tania is a public servant who’s also a working artist. In this episode,...