Dr. Kel Pero
Dr. Kel Pero is the owner of KMP & Associates. She is an academic editor, copywriter, and also offers career guidance to graduates students. We talk about the editing process, common mistakes in writing, and Kel tells us how the command of language is a source of power!
About This Episode
In this episode, I speak with Dr. Kel Pero, owner of KMP and Associates. Kel left academia to start her own business as an academic editor and copywriter. We discuss all sorts of topics relating to writing and editing, such as the importance of clarity, popular mistakes in writing, and how the command of language can play a big role in your success in the working world.
Topics and Timestamps
- Introduction to Dr. Kel’s background (0:00:54)
- Working independently vs working in academia (0:07:35)
- Advice for academics who want to communicate their research (0:09:45)
- “Alternative Academy” (0:15:35)
- The importance of clarity (0:19:57)
- How the editing process works (0:25:27)
- Popular mistakes in writing (0:30:07)
- Context, content, and the formal use of language (0:34:08)
- Being skilled at writing in the corporate world (0:39:03)
- Potential for work as a good writer (0:43:31)
- The Oxford Comma: yay or nay? (0:49:11)
- The acting business (0:50:46)
- Dr. Kel’s recommendations for writers (0:56:25)
Follow Planet B612 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlanetB612fm
Support Planet B612 on Patreon: https://patreon.com/juliesworld
Episode 56 Art as a service Alix SiderisArtist Alix Sideris joins me to talk about art as a service, how she's pivoted during the pandemic, and how today's young artists are inspiring her. About This Episode In this episode, Alix Sideris joins me to talk about art as...
Episode 57 Service Design Tania LevyArtist, and public servant, Tania Levy joins me to talk about Service Design, user experience, and juggling art-making with a full-time job. About This Episode Tania is a public servant who’s also a working artist. In this episode,...