The evolution of an artist
In this episode, Toronto-based artist Genevieve Langlois joins me to talk about aging as an artist, voice-over work, and how the pandemic has prompted a new transition in her life.
Topics and Timestamps
- (0:01:37) An artistic family and education.
- (0:02:47) Moving to Toronto.
- (0:03:37) Montreal and Toronto: Family and freedom.
- (0:05:28) The commercialization of art in Toronto: Past vs present.
- (0:06:48) The next steps: Trusting inner guidance.
- (0:08:15) Slowing down and the pandemic.
- (0:10:15) Death and dignity.
- (0:11:54) Yearning and new transitions.
- (0:12:39) Embracing the beauty in aging: Coping in different ways.
- (0:14:30) The industry and aging.
- (0:16:47) Weight and the pandemic.
- (0:18:09) Voiceover work and agism.
- (0:21:00) Accepting playing old and plastic surgery in the industry.
- (0:24:03) Tips for voiceover work.
- (0:25:29) Making demos: Fake it ’til you make it.
- (0:28:10) Filling your soul: Comedy and clowns.
- (0:29:15) Theater vs Television and Film.
- (0:30:01) Creating visual art during the pandemic.
- (0:31:28) Theater after the pandemic.
- (0:32:31) Future skits about aging women in their fifties.
- (0:34:21) A day in the life of Genevieve.
- (0:36:51) Sketching and painting: Dancing women and horses.
- (0:40:25) Imposter Syndrome.
- (0:41:05) Learning the art of art without the typical path.
- (0:43:04) Future work: Movement and women.
- (0:43:41) Succeeding financially in art: Finding the love.
- (0:45:58) The New York model.
- (0:47:02) The Toronto Art Fair and connecting with the people.
- (0:48:05) The graphic novel.
- (0:48:49) The whispers and next projects.
- (0:50:49) Aging women working together to work.
- (0:51:43) The beige period.
- (0:53:43) Some quick questions: Travel, books and music.
- (0:55:48) Leaving Toronto: What’s next?
Follow Planet B612 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlanetB612fm
Support Planet B612 on Patreon: https://patreon.com/juliesworld
Episode 45 Gemology Kate HubleyIn this episode, Montreal-based designer and gemologist Kate Hubley joins me to talk gems, metals, and more! About This Episode In this episode, designer and gemologist Kate Hubley joins me to help me understand the difference between...
Episode 42 The Civil War John LauniusAmerican author and media executive, John Launius, joins me to talk about the American Civil War. He's written a book about Charles Parsons, who was a key figure in the preservation of art during the civil war period! About This...