The evolution of an artist
In this episode, Toronto-based artist Genevieve Langlois joins me to talk about aging as an artist, voice-over work, and how the pandemic has prompted a new transition in her life.
Topics and Timestamps
- (0:01:37) An artistic family and education.
- (0:02:47) Moving to Toronto.
- (0:03:37) Montreal and Toronto: Family and freedom.
- (0:05:28) The commercialization of art in Toronto: Past vs present.
- (0:06:48) The next steps: Trusting inner guidance.
- (0:08:15) Slowing down and the pandemic.
- (0:10:15) Death and dignity.
- (0:11:54) Yearning and new transitions.
- (0:12:39) Embracing the beauty in aging: Coping in different ways.
- (0:14:30) The industry and aging.
- (0:16:47) Weight and the pandemic.
- (0:18:09) Voiceover work and agism.
- (0:21:00) Accepting playing old and plastic surgery in the industry.
- (0:24:03) Tips for voiceover work.
- (0:25:29) Making demos: Fake it ’til you make it.
- (0:28:10) Filling your soul: Comedy and clowns.
- (0:29:15) Theater vs Television and Film.
- (0:30:01) Creating visual art during the pandemic.
- (0:31:28) Theater after the pandemic.
- (0:32:31) Future skits about aging women in their fifties.
- (0:34:21) A day in the life of Genevieve.
- (0:36:51) Sketching and painting: Dancing women and horses.
- (0:40:25) Imposter Syndrome.
- (0:41:05) Learning the art of art without the typical path.
- (0:43:04) Future work: Movement and women.
- (0:43:41) Succeeding financially in art: Finding the love.
- (0:45:58) The New York model.
- (0:47:02) The Toronto Art Fair and connecting with the people.
- (0:48:05) The graphic novel.
- (0:48:49) The whispers and next projects.
- (0:50:49) Aging women working together to work.
- (0:51:43) The beige period.
- (0:53:43) Some quick questions: Travel, books and music.
- (0:55:48) Leaving Toronto: What’s next?
Follow Planet B612 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlanetB612fm
Support Planet B612 on Patreon: https://patreon.com/juliesworld
Episode 56 Art as a service Alix SiderisArtist Alix Sideris joins me to talk about art as a service, how she's pivoted during the pandemic, and how today's young artists are inspiring her. About This Episode In this episode, Alix Sideris joins me to talk about art as...
Episode 57 Service Design Tania LevyArtist, and public servant, Tania Levy joins me to talk about Service Design, user experience, and juggling art-making with a full-time job. About This Episode Tania is a public servant who’s also a working artist. In this episode,...