Art as a service
Artist Alix Sideris joins me to talk about art as a service, how she’s pivoted during the pandemic, and how today’s young artists are inspiring her.
Topics and Timestamps
- (0:01:40) A massively hyphenated human: Acting, writing, directing, teaching, movement, intimacy direction and coordination.
- (0:02:42) A person of service: A purpose to uplift and expand.
- (0:04:10) What it is to be human: The ultimate exploration and investigation.
- (0:05:58) The Magnetic North Theatre Festival.
- (0:08:00) The newspaper interview.
- (0:10:08) Growing up in a Greek household and a love of learning and research.
- (0:12:10) Moving away from medical studies: The path towards becoming an artist.
- (0:14:35) Working with disenfranchised and special needs youth: Teaching and acting.
- (0:17:01) The National Arts Centre and dealing with fear.
- (0:18:26) Success and failure: Changing the script.
- (0:20:37) Imposter Syndrome: Branding yourself.
- (0:23:10) Being thrust into environments: Throwing darts.
- (0:26:12) Spirituality, empathy and the pandemic.
- (0:28:56) Remote meditations and connections.
- (0:31:17) The transformation of the arts during the pandemic: Recognizing and responding to the changes.
- (0:35:54) Opening up the world: A chance for a global artistic community.
- (0:37:15) The exodus from the arts during the pandemic and thinking nationally.
- (0:39:50) How a health crisis affects you: Finding joy.
- (0:43:04) The youth of today and the arts.
- (0:44:51) Teaching in Toronto: The conversations and learning the language.
- (0:49:50) Co-existing when we remove the binary: The show in New York.
- (0:54:33) Putting the spotlight on harm: The importance of intersectionality.
- (0:56:20) The intimacy workshop: The connection and beauty.
- (1:01:23) To find out more: AlixSideris.com
Follow Planet B612 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlanetB612fm
Support Planet B612 on Patreon: https://patreon.com/juliesworld
Episode 57 Service Design Tania LevyArtist, and public servant, Tania Levy joins me to talk about Service Design, user experience, and juggling art-making with a full-time job. About This Episode Tania is a public servant who’s also a working artist. In this episode,...
Episode 45 Gemology Kate HubleyIn this episode, Montreal-based designer and gemologist Kate Hubley joins me to talk gems, metals, and more! About This Episode In this episode, designer and gemologist Kate Hubley joins me to help me understand the difference between...