Artist, and public servant, Tania Levy joins me to talk about Service Design, user experience, and juggling art-making with a full-time job.
Follow Tania on Twitter: https://twitter.com/tanialevy
Topics and Timestamps
- (0:02:28) Artists in the office: The challenges and value.
- (0:03:50) Receiving flak: The art world vs the corporate world.
- (0:05:42) Finding time for art: Using your leave and dispelling the myths.
- (0:07:58) Modifying work hours in the public sector.
- (0:10:20) The demise of the ‘Working class artist’: The risks of a lack of diversity.
- (0:14:21) Plays about public service and how working within affects the art.
- (0:18:14) Working inside a framework: How it benefits creativity.
- (0:19:56) Being bilingual in Ottawa and the journey to public service.
- (0:22:14) What a contact center does and the concept of service.
- (0:24:07) Design Thinking: Improving service and user experience.
- (0:26:45) Change Management and Design Thinking’s link to theater training.
- (0:29:00) Transferable skills: How they can be beneficial on both sides.
- (0:30:59) MIT lectures and marketing mishaps: Why the end user is essential.
- (0:33:42) Convincing people that end users matter: User research and feedback.
- (0:37:30) Evidence based decision making and empathy.
- (0:38:08) A captive audience: Believing people want to do better.
- (0:41:17) Agile methodologies and development in the public sector.
- (0:42:43) Service design: What it is and why it is important.
- (0:44:57) AI, Machine Learning and Omnichannel Service Delivery.
- (0:47:31) Acronyms, buzzwords and the move to Plain Language use.
- (0:50:01) Plain Language: The benefits of making sure everyone understands.
- (0:52:41) Gaming: Faster thinking and strengthening focus.
- (0:55:08) Fortnite, MMO games and griefers.
- (0:56:40) Keeping up with the kids and esports.
Follow Planet B612 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlanetB612fm
Support Planet B612 on Patreon: https://patreon.com/juliesworld
Episode 56 Art as a service Alix SiderisArtist Alix Sideris joins me to talk about art as a service, how she's pivoted during the pandemic, and how today's young artists are inspiring her. About This Episode In this episode, Alix Sideris joins me to talk about art as...
Episode 45 Gemology Kate HubleyIn this episode, Montreal-based designer and gemologist Kate Hubley joins me to talk gems, metals, and more! About This Episode In this episode, designer and gemologist Kate Hubley joins me to help me understand the difference between...