Life as a theatre artist
Nathalie Claude is a performer, an actor, a director, a choreographer, and more. Based out of Montreal, Nathalie joins me to talk about creativity, the differences between acting and directing, and why she loves Montreal so much!
About This Episode
In this episode, I speak with Nathalie Claude, an actor and director from Montreal, Quebec. Nathalie has had a long career in the arts both in independent theatre, as a clown and a coach for Cirque du Soleil, and as a collaborator on many extraordinary shows and performances. Nathalie joins me to talk about what inspires her work, why she loves living and working in Montreal, and why perfectionism and precision is crucial in her approach to her artistic work.
About Nathalie Claude (Actor/Director)
Originally from Laval, Nathalie Claude has toured Canada, the US and Europe with her productions and collaborations. She has garnered prizes and media attention and has over 50 credits in theatre, dance, film and television.
Visit Nathalie Claude on the web: http://nathalieclaude.com/en/home
Visit Planet B612 on the web: https://planetb612.fm/
Follow Planet B612 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlanetB612fm
Support Planet B612 on Patreon: https://patreon.com/juliesworld
Topics and Timestamps
- Nathalie’s many roles in the creative industry (0:01:02)
- The difference between being on stage and behind the curtain (0:04:30)
- Exploring the possibilities of working in film (0:06:36)
- Perfectionism: innate or trained? (0:08:45)
- Personal creative challenges (0:10:44)
- Knowing when a concept is finished (0:13:01)
- The experience of working for Cirque du Soleil (0:14:14)
- Missing Montreal (0:18:00)
- The Quebec arts scene (0:20:15)
- The business of art (0:31:35)
- The impact of technology on art (0:33:23)
- “A funny woman is a scary thing.” (0:37:10)
- Experiencing a creative rut (0:43:05)
- Early beginning as an artist (0:47:11)
- Advice for young people who want to be actors (0:47:50)
- Nathalie’s curiosity about life (0:49:49)
- Nathalie’s current projects (0:52:43
In this episode, I speak with former Cirque du Soleil performer and backup dancer for Celine Dion, Sandrine Lafond. We talk about the contemporary dance world, and we talk about her latest venture: a company named Miyusaka!
Episode 18 Jacqueline Van De Geer (Artist)In this episode, I speak with performance artist, Jacqueline Van De Geer about how she makes a living as an artist, the importance of working class artists, and how obsession can lead to new ideas! READ TRANSCRIPT Interview...